State Primary: Saturday, August 8, 2020Countdown: Saturday, August 8, 2020 is the Last Day to Register & Vote in Hawaii’s 2020 Primary Election.
* THIS ELECTION WILL BE WON OR LOST IN THE PRIMARY. YOUR SUPPORT IS CRUCIAL! *
Maui District 12 includes Ulupalakua, Keokea, Kula, Pukalani, Makawao, Kahului, and Sprecklesville.
Kanaio, Keokea, Olinda, Hali‘imaile, Upcountry Maui
Support Simon Russell
to advance Hawaii’s economic diversity and agricultural sustainability.
Simon Russell was raised in Hawaii, works as a farmer, and lives in Upcountry Maui (Makawao) with his wife, Kiki (an organic farm and processing inspector), and their children. He helps farmers through Hui ‘O Mālama ‘Āina LLC, an agricultural consulting company, and Farm Maui LLC, a licensed contracting company focused on farm operations and management. Simon Russell is a staunch advocate for Hawaii farmers, Hawaii families, and Hawaii’s natural environment.
* Maui Voters in House District 12 (HD12): Stay tuned for information about Simon Russell’s 2020 listening tour. If you’d like to meet your candidate for the Hawaii State House of Representatives, contact the campaign with the info at the bottom of this web page.
Simon Russell has testified and made presentations at scores of government and community meetings.
On January 16, 2020, Simon Russell spoke about Maui’s watersheds at the Mauna Kahalawai Chapter meeting of the Hawaii Farmers Union United (HFUU) at Maui Tropical Plantation in Wailuku. His presentation, "Restoration, Maintenance and Management of Maui's Watersheds," focused on the recent Maui Board of Water Supply Temporary Investigative Group's report on the feasibility of purchasing and maintaining the East Maui Irrigation (EMI) water-delivery system. He also discussed an upcoming legislative bill to create watershed councils modeled on the ʻAha Moku Council to restore, maintain, and manage the watersheds.
Simon Russell serves on various local, state and federal boards, working groups and committees, including:
• USDA Farm Service Agency - State Committee Member
• Makawao Elementary School Parent Teachers Assoc. – Co-President
• Upcountry Agriculture Working Group - Member
• Affordable Agriculture Worker Housing Working Group – Founder
• Upcountry Rotary Club – Member
Simon Russell has also served on the following boards and committees:
• Hawaii Board of Agriculture - Maui County Representative (2015-2017)
• Hawaii Farmers Union Foundation (HFUF) - Founding President (2015-2017)
• Hawaii Farmers Union United (HFUU) - Haleakala Chapter President (2016-2018)
• Hawaii Farmers Union United (HFUU) - State Vice President (2012-2015)
• Hawaii Farmers Union United (HFUU) - State Legislative Committee Chairman (2012–2017)
• GMO-Free Maui - Founding member, grant writer, secretary (2004-2007)
Simon Russell speaking at the 2019 Maui Resource Recovery event held at University of Hawaii Maui College.
Donate Now to Simon Russell’s campaign: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/russell2020
As an alternative to using the link above to make an online donation, checks can be made payable to “Friends of Simon Russell” and mailed to Friends of Simon Russell, PO Box 92, Makawao, HI 96768. Please be sure to include your full name, mailing address, and profession since that information is required by the State Campaign Spending Commission.
The Hawaii Democratic Presidential Primary is Saturday, April 4, 2020. Simon Russell will appear on the ballot for the Hawaii State Primary on Saturday, August 8, 2020 as Hawaii State House of Representatives candidate for District 12 on Maui.